The Adoption Process at Noah Project
- The process is slightly different for cats and dogs. Everyone will be invited to sign our visitor’s log:
- For cats… You will be able to visit with our cats in one of their “free roaming” housing areas. Here’s hoping you’ll find a new best friend.
- For dogs… A staff member will escort you through the dog area. If you find one or more dogs you are interested in, a shelter staff will bring the animal up to a visiting are where you can get to know each other better.
- If you find a cat or dog that you’re interested in adopting, we will ask you to fill out our adoption application form. This form is quite detailed and will provide us the information necessary for us to continue to process your application.
- Note: Adoptions are generally not available to go home on the same day as the application.
- We will begin processing your application form absolutely as soon as possible. Important steps in the process will include contacting your veterinarian, personal reference, and landlords. Approved applications will be kept on file for up to 90 days.
- If multiple applications are pending on the same animal, we will use our considerable experience to try to make the best match. All things being equal, the application with the best veterinary care will take precedence.
- You will be informed of the approval status of your application. If your application has been rejected you will be informed of the reason(s) for rejection and actions you can take to be approved at some point in the future.
- If your adoption is approved, a shelter staff member will contact you to discuss an questions you may have and schedule a date to pick-up of your new pet.
Noah Project’s Shelter Director must approve all applications
Tuesday: Noon to 7PM
Wednesday: Noon to 4PM
Thursday: Noon to 7PM
Friday: Noon to 4PM
Saturday: Noon to 4PM